Before Installing Your Hardwood
Prior to installation, please assure that the following tasks have been completed:
- Remove all furniture and furnishings off your existing floors.
- Remove all doors that are in the area where the flooring may impact their movement. A carpenter may need to shave the bottom of a door if there is a possibility that it may not clear the height of your new hardwood.
- If you wish to have hardwood installed underneath fixtures such as radiators, railings, etc. instead of around them, have them removed prior to installation.
- Move all wiring for electronics, utilities, etc. before installation.
- If you are installing hardwood in any closets, make sure nothing is on the floor within.
- Ensure that your installers have proper lighting and access to electrical outlets.
During & After Installation
- Plan to vacate the area where new flooring is being installed and secure any pets.
- Prepare to stay off your new flooring for several hours to allow it to settle.
- You may need to run a fan or open windows to remove any smells associated with installation.
Then you will be ready to enjoy your new hardwood floors!